Thursday, June 18, 2009

What comes with Marriage!


When Jonathan and I got married 6 years ago ... I not only got a wonderful husband, but LOTS of wonderful family! As of now - I think there will be 60 of us in all this summer! Aside from Jonathan and now our boys, one of the most incredible blessings that came with our marriage was a Special Mother-in-Law.
Cheri is such a wonderful mother and grandmother to us. She has been a wonderful example to me and always lends a listening ear! I'll never forget the first moment that we met at the Temple, as her arms were wide open and a loving hug that still brings tears to my eyes. The moment is etched in my memory. Cheri has a special spirit about her that radiates to all around her. Although she's had a rough few years (25 or so?), you'd never know because she only remembers the good times ... and the good things in others.
This post is just for her ... as I hope she knows how much we love and support her. She will forever be a mother to me, and a sister in Zion. It's always so hard to leave her house as she always has tears in her eyes, but the moments and conversations we have are priceless and truly are the reason for those tears.
Thank you Cheri for the incredible mother and grandmother you are ... I hope to be a mother like you!
Here are just a few pictures from our week in Florida. Benjamin loves Nana and all the memories that he makes with her. Micah enjoyed many smiley moments with her as well. Jared and Albert are two of THE BEST uncles! They both play with the boys so well - and are just FANTASTIC! Jared leaves on his mission to INDIA ... on August 12th ... that is a whole post in and of itself - that I will get around to BEFORE he leaves :) Thank goodness we will still have Albert around for a few more years!
Jared, Micah and Benjamin all ready for bed!
Cheri holding Micah so Benjamin and I could swim!
Micah and Benjamin in bed at Nana's ... although they didn't sleep together, but Benjamin has to have a good-night moment with Micah almost every night!
Albert and Benjamin swimming at Aunt Jenny's!
Benjamin, Albert and Micah hanging out ... isn't this such a sweet picture!

3 comments:

BWei said...

It looks like you guys have been busy and having a blast with family, settling in, ATL, etc. I wanted to apologize for being irresponsible and not getting back to you about your request to get my sister-in-law's contact info in Cumming. If you'd still like it, feel free to email me. I hope you're doing wonderfully!

Webster Family said...

Mother-in-laws are fantastic! I just love mine so much! What fun times! Call me sometime when you have a moment so we can catch up!!

Candace said...

What a sweet post!