Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drammy and Drampy's!

This is what we do at Grammy and Grampy's!


Last week we had the WONDERFUL opportunity to go and visit Jonathan's family in Florida -- just Micah, Benjamin and I! Grammy and Grampy (or Drammy and Drampy as Benjamin says -- although he ALMOST can get the G sound now!) ... have become grandparents to me just as if I were their granddaughter! I have incredible memories with them - and enjoy the moments that they spend with my little boys!
A farvorite memory - which I wish I had caught on video was: Benjamin and Grampy washing the bird feeders ... whem all of the sudden Grampy being so perfectly DRY just got TOO tempting for Benjamin. A little water on Grampy, then a little on Benjamin ... then Grampy running and hiding behind the tree from Benjamin ... ended up in the best WATER fight ever ... until Benjamin realized he was 100% soaked. They came inside (Benjamin crying a little) ... but after getting all dried off ... Benjamin quietly telling Grampy, "that was fun!"
Here's Grampy and Benjamin washing off after feeding the chickens!
Benjamin watching Grammy's bread bake!

Grampy and Benjamin picking the squash...
Benjamin and Grampy with their harvest!

Grampy and Micah!
Grammy and Micah!
What a PERFECT picture to end on... Benjamin DRIVING Grampy on the golf cart! These 2 guys are peas in a pod when they are together - although Benjamin can get his mind made up about some things - but you'd never know as Grampy is so gentle and kind with this little red head!

We truly had a wonderful time and I wish I could spend the whole summer there! We especially enjoyed Grammy's homemade bread and fresh pickles they had just canned from their garden! Did I mention that Grammy makes the best sandwiches! It must be a Grandma thing because my Grandma and Mom always make good ones too!
We'll be back SOON!

1 comment:

NIXON STUFF said...

This reminds me of My Grandpa's. He would give us rides on the riding lawn mower and it was so much fun!
Miss You and hope all is well. Emilie