Thursday, April 30, 2009

A baby story!


So here's hopefully the QUICK version of how our little guy got here!



We checked into the hospital at about 6:45 am ... I was hooked up to the pitocin by about 9:00 am - and Dr. Joseph came by shortly to break my water! (Did I mention I almost passed out/threw up when the nurse missed my vein putting in the IV)...
At 10:00 am we got to move to a BIGGER room ... and I was dialated to 2.5 cm. I got my epidural at 10:30 ... after feeling several painful contractions. My blood pressure dropped to 71/53 ... so I again almost passed out - but we got that under control and I was good to go!
By 12:00 (noon) - I was dialated to 4.5 cm ... 12:45 - 7 cms - and 1:00 I was COMPLETELY dialated -so 5.5 cms in 1 HOUR - PRETTY Fast!
After waiting to get the doctor there ... and about 5-6 pushes our little boy was here!

4 comments:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

CONGRATS, GUYS! WE ARE EXCITED FOR YOU!

Joel/Dresden

Julie said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you all! But I want to know more...name, weight, length, etc. Hope you all are doing well.

Laura said...

wow - so fast! that's ideal (minus the nearly passing out spells). we so glad that things we so well!!

The Galan Family said...

Um...excuse me. Did you just have a baby? You look so awesome Rachel! You look glowing and not a bit tired. He is so adorable. What a perfectly round little head. Can't wait to see him in person. Maybe tonight? :)