Sunday, November 23, 2008

Breaking the ICE!

Yesterday we decided to go and feed the ducks some old cereal that we've been saving for them. Although we couldn't get the ducks to come over, we had a great time playing in the leaves and seeing the ice and leaves floating on the pond until...

I gave Benjamin a stick to "break the ice" with. Somehow I failed to tell him he had to stay on the bank -and use the stick to break the ice ... boy did he break it - he ran RIGHT in to the pond! He quickly realized that unlike the leaves and ice that were floating on top of the water ... HE DID not float! We both "panicked" and I hurried to get him out of the water ... then I was worried that his toes were going to freeze off on the way back to the car -- poor kid! But all was well -- got him back to the car, socks off, shoes off, pants off - and drove the 2 minutes home and got new ones!




(wet pants!)
Just goes to show ... mom should have explained the joy of breaking the ice a little better!

4 comments:

Correa Family said...

Oh No! That makes my feet cold! I'm glad he's okay now!

Laura said...

Whoa, what an adventure! That's a boy for you...no tapping on that ice to break it, he'll just plow right in! So cute. Benjamin is getting so big. He's hardly a baby anymore, he's a big kid!

liz said...

Hi Rachel. For some reason it has taken me all this time to come over to your blog and I've had so much fun reading your old posts and getting to know your darling family. That little redheaded boy is pretty irresistable. Tell your parents hello from me. I keep thinking we'll get back to Macon for a visit one of these days, and maybe since this is my LAST BABY Matt and I will be able to travel together more in a year or two. I have you on my blog reader now, so I can keep up with your current posts -- it's so fun to see who you've become. Funny how some of your YW leaders become your peers after a few years.

Candace said...

That is such a funny story. It is so funny how we think kids should understand certain things...I'm sure it was a great adventure for him!

By the way, I saw your sister Laura at the movies Friday night and I swear I thought it was you. She looks so grown up!

Yall have a good Thanksgiving!