Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Amicalola Falls!

We took a nice "day" trip to Amicalola Falls ...
The weather was 100% PERFECT -- I think 63* when we started out that morning! There are LOTS and lots of steps up and down the falls - Jonathan and I did about 1200 ... and Benjamin was a trooper and did close to 800 -- which is a ton for such a little guy!
Jonathan packed Micah most of the way, and I held Benjamin's hand ... the last few steps we were playing follow the leader and everything we could think of to make it to the top! We had a nice picnic at the top before heading back down! Jonathan carried Benjamin down ... and I had sweet little Micah as he slept!

Benjamin was pretty excited to see the falls up close and personal - and was trying to show me where the water was coming from ... somewhat of a mystery to him from the bottom!

The falls were splendid - as well as the fresh air and being outside on such a perfect day!
If anyone's interested in going on a hike there - they do have hiking trails as well! Wednesdays are FREE into the park, or we could also check out the passes at the library!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are so adventurous, even with a tiny baby! I love all the pictures. We miss you guys.

Kristine said...

We keep meaning to go there. I went once several years ago when I was out visiting my sister. I just need to bring everyone with me next time! Great pictures!