Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Reading Fun...


This summer our library is doing a summer reading program for kids ... you choose the goal - and if you meet it, your child gets a free book! I thought - 8 weeks @ 20 books/week ... then surely we could read 150 books! So we got going ... and it seemed like we wouldn't make it - but we're right on track - 84 books "down" and "66" to go! (AND you can only count a book ONCE!)
Here are a few of MY/OUR favorites so far that I would recommend:
this is a great "DAD" book

really like the "Blackboard Bear" books:
one of Benjamin's favorites ...
a great Thanksgiving book...
and another great dad book - and one of my all time favorites:
we'll keep you posted on how we do ... til'then... THE END.

3 comments:

Candace said...

That is great! I love reading to Laurel and started when she was first born. She would just snuggle in my arms and be so happy just to hear my voice. Then she started crawling and walking story time was over! I spend all day trying to read her books while she runs around me like a nut. We do get a lot of books read over the course of the day, but sometimes just a couple pages at a time. I know she is listening though because she has started to fill in words and actions in her favorite books. I can't wait till she gets a little older and we can do the whole summer reading thing. A 150 books is a lot to read when you can't read the same one twice! I bet you guys are making a lot of trips to the library! Good luck to you guys and enjoy the reading!

Laura said...

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing some of your favorites -- we'll have to check those out!

{autie} said...

we're doing summer reading, too! what a great idea to post some ideas for us to try!!! I'll have to get after it, and shout out some of our favorites, too! thanks for the good post idea and the good book ideas!!! Good luck with the free book!