Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer of FUN!


Benjamin on the playground!
One of my friends ... Autie ... got an idea from one of her friends ... to make a summer (60 days) full of fun - MEANING: you have to do something fun with your kids EVERYDAY! So we are going to try it - atleast try and hit more days than not! So far we've done great and had so
much fun! GRANTED - the fountains were closed on day 1 and we went to the wrong library on day 2 - but we just re-arranged!
These are pictures from our picnic at the wooded garden!
I did a little "research" and we've found lots of things to do this summer! I think I'm most excited to check out The Yellow River Game Ranch where they have all kinds of animals to see and pet!
Other ideas on the agenda:
Georgia Aquarium
Atlanta Zoo
Coca-Cola Museum
Fernbank
Water fountains
Hiking
Swimming
Dahlonega Gold Museum
Lake Lanier - and water park
Amicolola Falls
Let me know if you're interested ... and want to come along to any -- OR have any other ideas!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Fun! You have to go to the zoo. We took Laurel a few months ago and she loved it! I'm trying to do something similar where we do something fun at home one day and do something fun away from home the next. It has been working pretty well. I think she has the most fun just playing in the yard/woods/creek. Too bad it is so hot right now! I think I'm going to plan a picnic for us; thanks for the great idea!

{autie} said...

holy I want to go to the coke museum!!! so fun!! do you get free samples?!? K, Peach, way to join the fun, I can't wait to see what adventures go on on your side of the world!

Laura said...

What a great idea! I wish we lived close enough to join you and your boys on the adventures. I'm excited to see pics of these outings!