Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mr. Po-oo-oost MAN!

Today our "field-trip" was to the post office! Of course you can't go there unless you're dressed as a mailman ... right?
So we got in the box of 2 year old clothes and got out Benjamin's 2008 Halloween Costume!
Who says boys can't dress up to go out!

All of the workers at the "City Hall/ nearest post office" loved his outfit ... and of course he weaseled a sucker out of one of the lovely ladies!
See: Micah sleeping as usual!
He did help me put on the stamps on Micah's birth announcements ... and kept saying, "I'm a good mailman ... I'm sure a good mailman."
What a funny little guy!

From there were headed to a little bakery where he was hoping to pick out one of these:
... note his favorite was the BULLDOG cake
... such his Father's child!
Instead we got cookies and peanut butter balls instead!

On the way home he kept asking why we couldn't get a CAKE. I finally said, "The cakes cost LOTS of money!" and he then replied, "I didn't think you had to have money. You just need a cwedit (credit) cawd (card)." Where I then EXPLAINED on a 3 year old level - that you have to have the money to pay the credit card when the bill comes in the mail!
Lastly ... stopped at Blockbuster to get a movie for tonight!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love his little outfit! So Cute!

Candace said...

I love that you made a trip to the post office so much fun! I love his little comments too!!

Shari Davis said...

That's too cute! It was so good to see you! Can't wait to hang out again!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

You are an awesome mom! Congrats on making an errand into a fun outing!
And it was fantastic to see you again!

Laura said...

So cute! I love how you turned a simple errand into something so fun for Benjamin! What a great Mommy you are!