Thursday, September 4, 2008

Little Piper and Trig!

This will probably go down in history as one of those genuine acts of sisterly kindness!

">

So ... I am a HUGE Sarah Palin fan at the moment. I wasn't quite so sure about John McCain ... but after his choosing Sarah as his VP choice ... and hearing her speak ... and knowing she's a mom just like me ... as of now they have over the top won my vote... not that Obama was ever in the running (where would our country REALLY go... and who would my doctor be ... and where would my kids go to school ... and HOW many taxes would we have to pay ... now that Jonathan will soon have a REAL job...) don't get me wrong - I am a 100% fan of helping the poor, homeless, father-less and any person in need - and we feel that we give very generously for what we have -- BUT I don't think it should be the GOVERNMENTS "right" to take freely from me/us -- and give to the millions upon millions who choose to sit at home and get on every government "free" list that they can... NOTHING in life is truly "free" ... it is a price for someone, somewhere. We will continue to give to the poor, needy - but I'm not about to let the Democratic party go down without a fight.

Aside from all of that ... for those of you who did or did not stay up to watch Sarah's speech last night ... I really did enjoy her speech AND this special moment! Amid laughter and tears ... the Palins showed that they are a true American family - just like me! Piper, what a GREAT big sister to little Trig!

4 comments:

Webster Family said...

I started rolling with laughter when I saw this last night!

BWei said...

I thought that shot was so cute, too!

Laura said...

I too am a Palin fan. It's refreshing to see a woman politician who doesn't fit the mold of the typical politician. She has me excited about the election now! That clip was a hoot!

Foushee's said...

Palin is a MUCH better speaker than McCain...I do like her...it sucks for us here in Oregon though, it does not matter who we vote for...democrats always win in our hippy state!!