Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grovetown Ward Campout!

Jonathan and Benjamin were thrilled to be able to go on the ward campout ... and had talked about it all week ... I on the other hand - LOVE camping - but was not thrilled with the idea of no sleep - and Jonathan being gone all Saturday -- so I rode back with Emilie Nixon - who lives in our neighborhood and got a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP!


Other than the fact that it was RAINING - and Jonathan left the tarp in the garage -and had to drive to the nearest Wal-mart to get another -- we had a GREAT evening. While Jonathan was "shopping" - Benjamin and I roasted hot dog and marshmellows and enjoyed visiting with friends in our ward.


When Jonathan got back - he and Benjamin QUICKLY set up the tent ... I headed home and they had a FUN night ... going to sleep about 11pm and Benjamin waking up at 4 am to go to the bathroom, and never going back to sleep! Sorry to all the "neighboring campers" who Benjamin probably woke up!
They had pancakes and bacon for breakfast - which Benjamin was so excited to tell me about. He is already asking if they are going camping again. I think Jonathan will take a "rest" from camping at least for AWHILE ... as he went to the Cannery in Atlanta and the to the UGA game ... and didn't get home until 12: 30 last night!

4 comments:

Correa Family said...

I'm so sad we missed it. That would've been so fun. Little Mario did great the first time he went camping. It's a very different experience. He'll love it more later!

Staci said...

Ward campouts are always the best.. especially when the moms get to go for a little while then sleep in their own beds! Dad's are great! Way to go Jonathan!

Laura said...

What a fun little adventure! Too bad it rained on the guys. Thank goodness for walmarts!

Candace said...

That sounds like the perfect campout. I love the camping part, but I really enjoy my sleep too. :)