Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dollywood 2008!

As you will see - we had a GREAT time at Dollywood with Jonathan's family. My favorite is the Tennesee Tornado ... Jonathan's was the Mystery Mine (both roller coasters) - and Benjamin's all time favorite was the old timey cars! He would've ridden those all day if he could have!
Just so EVERYONE knows - I am 26 ... and old enough to be a passenger with Benjamin. Several of the workers said I didn't look 16! I had to assure them I was his mom!

Highlights of the following pictures:
*Benjamin insisting Jonathan hold on - while riding the pig ride!
*Benjamin REALLY is on that slide - he went over and over (not really tall enough!)
*The YUMMY blue raspberry ICEE's
and other favorites of the trip!


I would have to say there was one BIG bad part of the trip ... not to complain ...but the 8 hours it took us to get home was NOT fun! It is normally a 5 hour drive - which is fine ... BUT - Jonathan decided to take the SCENIC route through the mountains ... without informing me and I got SO car sick! I remember those windy North Carolina mountains from when I was a kid and always being car sick! So next time - I will drive HIM through the mountains ... or skip that part. It was a pretty drive - when I could keep my eyes open - but not worth the trouble! AND to top it off -
the picture of us at the top of the mountains got deleted!
But we did have a great time with family and getting to see everyone! We really enjoyed Splash Country -- I vote for more days there or 1/2 and 1/2 days would be PERFECT with a nap in between :)
A big thanks to Gene and Terri for a fun vacation!

6 comments:

Webster Family said...

What a blast it looks like you had! Family vacations are the best. Your family is adorable...Benjamin is such a cutie. Maybe someday we'll all be able to get together again...?

Foushee's said...

I remember going there when I was little with my family or maybe it was some other place in the Mountains...I remember it has a train!

Jessica said...

I love it! I can't believe Benjamin went on that big water slide- what a brave little boy! Also, I love the picture of Jonathan squished into that little pig ride and the look of "this is so lame" on his face. So funny!

Melissa Walton said...

Rachel - great to hear from you! We miss you guys and Georgia! We absolutely love it here! We're going to get a couple of pygmy goats to add to our mini farm. The little chicks are so much fun! Hope you guys are doing well!

Laura said...

What an awesome family vacation -- except for the long detour. Your fam is so cute! I love the pics of Benjamin's birthday. It looks like it was so much fun! We already miss you guys. We're so lucky that you like to come out here so often to visit.

Nicole said...

Rachel,

Boone and I just want to know why you posted a picture of Jonathan skinny dipping with Benjamin...a little risque', don't you think? :P