Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SURPRISE!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!

We had a SURPRISE birthday party to celebrate Jonathan's 30th birthday ... AND he never figured it out!! He went on a 20-mile hike with the scouts ALL day and was dead tired! Aside from being exhausted -we had a wonderful evening with friends and family!

I LOVE that all of the kids wanted to help him blow out the candles!

Here's our little family ...
does it look like Micah is EXHAUSTED or what!

Love all of the smiles on the kids faces ... and Jonathan's - those are the "I'm happy through and through smiles!" The cake was AWESOME ... probably the best I've EVER had ... AND we ate every single bit of it that was left-over!

I loved this picture of my dad and Benjamin! My dad was incharge of the snow cones - so of course Benjamin frequented him!

Thanks to everyone who came, helped and kept an AWESOME secret! We LOVE LOVE Jonathan and all that he does for our family ... 30 years and so many more to go!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun! So sad that we didn't get to celebrate with you...being far away is no fun.

Couple of questions....where did you get the yummy cake? and Rachel- where did you get your cute pink shirt? I might want one!

We miss you guys. Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

Laura said...

Fun! Rach, you've always got something stewing; you're so cute! It looks like Jonathan had a great time. Happy Birthday!

Remember that surprise party you and Jonathan helped me give to Ryan when we were very first married? I think your 'surprise' turned out a little better! ;)