Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Utah vacation for MOM and the BOYS!

This is ... UTAH!
and there are just so many things I love...
We started our trip off in our new "limo-like" stroller! It was a HUGE help!

We had a wonderful time staying with the Heideman's as usual ... and somehow I forgot to take pictures with my Smith's buddies - Shelley and Emily - I just love those two!
The fall leaves were AMAZING!
Micah enjoyed some new texture time!

Benjamin love-loved Savannah - they were two peas in a pod. All of the kids were so great to Benjamin and Micah ... built-in siblings/baby-sitters! Here are: Micah, Savannah, Benjamin, Brock, Thomas and Briana!

Lynette and I took Micah and Thomas to the BYU-TCU game ... it was a little rainy and cool at first but did clear up. Micah didn't hold up as well this game - we headed at half-time since they weren't doing so hot and the boys were SPENT!

Of course we had to enjoy a little Jamba juice! Benjamin thought he was SO special because the worker guy split ours into TWO cups so we could both have our own! Also enjoyed Cafe Rio - a MUST and Kneader's!

The boys and I went to Temple Square on Sunday - as you can see it was a BEAUTIFUL day - a little chilly - but it was AWESOME! The spirit is always so strong and I love sharing the feeling with my boys. We were able to tour The Conference Center and The Beehive House!

COUSINS... Benjamin, Samuel and Micah...

Benjamin in front of the Provo Temple at night -- another favorite site!

Of course I a MUST was visiting Laura and her little ones ... especially new little Claire (not pictured because she was sleeping!) -- but here's the rest of us!

Romney, Benjamin and Micah ... future roommates eh?

This was Micah's take on the pumpkin patch...

Benjamin in the clown...

Benjamin's only trick-or-treating this season - as he ended up with strep throat. ALthough the pirate was out for this year... at least he did get to be Tigger -- maybe a pirate next year! He and Bri are so cute!

Despite the fact that within hours I'd be giving Benjamin Tylenol/Motrin on the plane for a fever- which we found out TWO days later was STREP ... we were thrilled to make it to the airport safely and have SNOW falling on our heads!
If I could live anywhere .... and have all of my family with me - it would be Utah! I just love the climate, the people and that there's SO much to do! I am so grateful that we were able to see friends and family ... we had a yummy dinner at Lisa and Dan's and I was also able to go to the Provo Temple - a big thanks to Lynette for keeping my boys ... how come I cry when I walk in there?? Dan also took the boys pictures... which will be the HIGHLIGHT of our Christmas cards ... can't WAIT! We LOVE Utah!
So SO excited for our ski trip in JANUARY!!

3 comments:

Winn Family said...

YAY!!! I loved all those pics! don't you love Utah...I love Utah and memories and jamba juice and byu games! You're so cool! And seriously--your new house is going to be AWESOME!!! It's HUGE. When do you move it??? Anyway--miss you and love your face off!

The Sharp Family said...

It was so fun to see you!! We are so glad everyone is well again. Love you!

Laura said...

We're so spoiled - we get to see you every time you come out here! One of these days we'll make it down to the south to visit you -- believe me, it's on my list!