Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas for the TWEETERS!


Benjamin and I had a blast making Christmas presents for the birds the Monday before Christmas. We collected the pine cones at the trails near our house ... then tied the strings on, "painted" the cones in peanut butter ... then rolled them in birdseed! The best was making our little tree so cute with the pine cones treats we made for our bird friends!
Painting with Peanut Butter!
Notice that he's not trying to get dirty ... at least not yet! The bird seed did end up bouncing EVERYWHERE - but we swept the extra up and tossed them out in the grass!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So funny that you did that- we did the EXACT same thing right after Christmas! The boys had so much fun! I love your pictures- especially the one of Benjamin outside.

Mary Mitchell said...

such a cute idea! post all of your fun kids crafts ideas on here for all of non-creative thinkers! Post some pregnancy pictures too! At Halloween, I'm pretty sure you were wearing a size 2.

NIXON STUFF said...

Hey- Ben looked so happy to finally feed the birds. I say on the post just before about Christmas and your trip it looks like you had tons of fun!! I also thought how pretty you looked in your family pictures on Christmas! Hope all is well
-Emilie

Webster Family said...

What a great idea--if only they had pine cones in Arizona! :) Maybe next year??

The Snavelys said...

Rachel-
I loved reading your Christmas card. You are amazing! But I've always known that. :) Thanks for your email. It really meant A LOT to me! Love ya!