Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Valentine's Night at the Circus!

So like EVERYONE else - we have been SO busy lately - but I wanted to get our blog a little up to date! We went to the Ringling Brothers Circus for Valentine's Day and had a WONDERFUL time as a family. The best part for me was watching Jonathan crack up over the French clown. Many of you may know that Jonathan served his mission in Montreal - so he knows French and thought the clown was hilarious. He would say everything in French and then repeat it in English ... he was pretty funny!
We got this QUICK picture of Benjamin wearing his nose - I think it pinched his nose so he didn't really want to wear it much!
This is Benjamin up on Jonathan shoulders before the show started so he could see the
pre-circus festivities!
Here are the acrobats -- WOW! We really liked the jugglers too!
Benjamin's favorite of the evening was getting this $9 snowcone -of course dad bought it for him ... and dad ended up drinking most of it! Now the elephant is a nice bath toy :)
And last but not least - here is one of the elephants -- sitting down!
Benjamin had a great time - even though the show didn't start until after his bedtime! What a lucky guy to have such fun parents! We can't wait until next time!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW! That looks like fun! I didn't know the circus here would be so cool! I'm glad you got to go. Also, how are they going to charge $9 for frozen water and some syrup? Like the ticket prices aren't high enough.

Brad and Erica said...

The circus looks so fun! Thanks for all of your comments on our blog. We love to hear from you guys and are glad we can keep up on your lives by looking at your blog. In answer to you question, yes, you can send packages to the address you have for us. Brad and I were wanting to send something back to you, but we don't have your address -- can you either email it to us or post it on our blog? Thanks!

Erica

The Snavelys said...

Rachel! I'm so excited that I found your blog!! When I get bored one of my favorite pastimes is to look for friend's blogs-and I found yours! You have such a beautiful little family! I miss you!! Hope all is going well and hope you don't mind if I added a link to your blog on mine.
Love,
Tiff

callie said...

what a fun idea! hannah would love that! and i second that, you are such fun parents!

Caren said...

Great pictures of you guys clowning around! Benjamin looks like he really enjoyed the circus!

Hannah Ashmore said...

Benjamin is so adorable with his bright red hair. I think that is cute yall celeberate Valentine's Day with him.