Saturday, December 8, 2007

Whistle Stop Cafe...

So if you've ever seen the movie: "Fried Green Tomatoes" ... Well my Mom, Grandma, Benjamin and I went to the Whistle Stop Cafe on Friday for lunch!
The highlight for us was seeing Benjamin scarfle down the fried green tomatoes and turnips ... of all things. He did enjoy the "corn pudding" as well -- I didn't order it because I thought it was going to be like vanilla pudding with corn in it (so did my Grandma) -- but my mom knew that it was just "creamed corn"!
Benjamin LOVED watching the two trains that both came by within 1 hour -- and boy did they go by fast! What a fun place to visit! It definitely STILL kind of feels like it's set back in the
mid-1900's!

5 comments:

Caren said...

I went there years ago...it is such a neat place! How wonderful that Benjamin loved the food! Christopher is just starting to be picky about what he eats. I miss the days when he would try anything. It sounds like you guys had a great time! I love the black and white picture of Benjamin...so cute!

Bastianclan said...

Rachel Benjamin is so dang cute. I love the black and white pic. I also loved the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" super Cute
Tina

Jessica said...

I'm with Tina- that B&W pic is so cute! Was the Fried Green Tomatoes the one where Chris O'Donnell got hit by a train? If so, I don't like it- too sad.

Shari Davis said...

Cute cute pics! Where is Whistle Stop Cafe? I would love to go!

callie said...

just got your adorable christmas card today! that you so much! you have such a cute little family...thanks for sharing all your fun with us!