Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving!!

Well we spent a few days for Thanksgiving at my parents. Wednesday we did LOTS of yard work!! Jonathan said he probably walked 5 miles pushing the push lawn mower --since the riding lawn mower was broken! My mom was SO excited though -- she just kept "gazing" out the window at her NEW yard! It's always nice to help my mom out :)

Thanksgiving day was a little rainy - but we still made it outside a little to play in the falling beautiful bradford pear tree leaves. Benjamin got to help Mom Mom make a cake ... but he dumped the carrots for the carrot cake all over the counter not just once... but TWICE! What a big helper. He LOVES to make the hand mixer sound - and is really good at it! Benjamin wasn't too happy about Thanksgiving dinner. He couldn't figure out why we woke him up from his nap to eat at 4:00 -- so much earlier than his normal dinner time! He did eat cranberry sauce though :) We were sure ready for bed when bedtime came around!
Jonathan headed home Thursday night so that he could work Friday morning at 4:00 am... eesh! So early. I did do a little shopping -- only because my mom kept Benjamin - but I didn't wake up until 7 and still pretty much got everything I wanted! Lots of online shopping this year, which is so much easier -- and sometimes NO TAX -- which saves money!

So if you've noticed that I've been slow about posting lately -- other than the holidays -- our ward split, and I am the Primary President in our new ward... we still have about 90 kids -- I've also had LOTS of work lately -- so hopefully things may slow down ... at least SOME! We are so excited for the holidays -- to visit family, teach Benjamin more about "Je-sa" - boy does
Benjamin love Him already -- and enjoy Jonathan's time OFF from school!

1 comment:

Caren said...

So glad that you had a great Thanksgiving with your parents! Good luck in your new calling...it is a lot of work! You'll do great!