Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Away from Home ...

Utah - my home away from home! Benjamin and I were blessed by Jonathan's GREAT idea to go to Utah ... just the 2 of us - because airplane fairs (at the time) - were such a GREAT deal... and Benjamin was just UNDER 2 ... we actually flew back to Georgia the day before his 2nd birthday! The trip all in all was a BLAST ... minus an ILLNESS that Benjamin contracted!
So here's our trip in pictures:
1. "I'm going there someday!"
The gate outside of the Salt Lake Temple.
2 & 3. Benjamin in front of Temple Square/ Benjamin & I in front of the Christus statue.
4. Benjamin playing in the fountains.

5 & 6. Benjamin headed to the Temple/Benjamin walking around the fountain.

7 & 8. Benjamin and Briana at the park, Benjamin in the tunnel.
9. Benjamin and Briana eating ice cream on the front steps -
can you tell who Benjamin's favorite "sister" is...

10. Lucas, Savannah, Benjamin and Briana eating ice cream... popsicles and ice cream were part of the daily routine!

11. Savannah, Lucas, Briana and Benjamin at Thanksgiving Point.
11. Briana in the Secret Garden at Thanksgiving Point.
12. Benjamin and I at Thanksgiving Point.
13. Lynette and I in front of the flowers at Thanksgiving Point.

14. Me, Brittany, Lynette, Megan and Justin at Carraba's after their highschool graduation!

15. Benjamin and Romney playing outside ...
they were both so on the go - this is the closest I could get to getting them BOTH in the picture!

16. AND saving the best for last... a NEW baby!
My college roommate Laura - had her baby Monday, June 2nd ... so I was able to go and see baby Olivia and Laura --she was only 6 hours old!
BUT... I didn't get to hold Olivia BECAUSE... we thought Benjamin had an ear infection... then decided it was definitely NOT his ears but his throat... so of course we thought Strep throat... BUT after a LONG day in 3 airports... lots of crying, and "my hurting, my hurting"... we went to the doctor Wednesday - on Benjamin's birthday... and he had...
NOPE - not chicken pox like last year for his 1 year b-day gift... this year for his 2nd birthday he got the HAND, FOOT and MOUTH VIRUS!
So I'm hoping 2 years of random children's diseases ... hopefully we can take next year off!
Highlights of the trip included visiting LOTS of friends, staying with the Heideman's, going to our nephew/cousin Richard's b-day (I didn't have my camera), going to the Provo Temple, Brittany and Megan's graduation... 2 girls that I LOVE, going to Thanksgiving Point and Temple Square, shopping and seeing Laura's new baby! The only thing we missed out on was a hike ... but VERY hard to do with a 2 year old! Seeing the mountains was ALMOST good enough :)

4 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Oh how fun Rachel. Sounds like your trip to Utah was fun! Poor Benjamin I hope he is feeling better. Not so fun.

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Benjamin walking towards the temple. You need to blow it up and frame it in your house..maybe in that black and white with a little bit of color?

I'm glad you had fun but not so glad that he got a disease.

BWei said...

Hey! Glad you found our blog, and vice-versa! Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry to hear about Benjamin's illnesses--Clara currently has a fever, so we're hoping it's not going to turn into anything more...having a sick kid is no fun.

Foushee's said...

Hey Rachel!!! I found Charity on facebook and she gave me your blog address. You little guy is so cute!! I love that name too! I can't believe he is 2 already!!

We just had our 1st in March, Noah, and we are loving it! We got a redhead too...well he does not have too much hair, but what he does have is red!
We have a blog too
www.ethanandkatiefoushee.blogspot.com

I am glad we can keep tabs on you and your cute family!!!
BYE!!