Thursday, April 10, 2008

Caterpillars galore!

Yesterday we found that there were caterpillars EVERYwhere in our yard... so we finally found their nest in the woods in our backyard. Benjamin was in "awe" of it. We LOVE the "Hungry Caterpillar" book - so of course he kept saying that they needed to eat a nice green leaf! He also kept telling me that they were "sleeping" in the nest, because many of them weren't quite moving yet!


After our caterpillar find - we (Benjamin and I) decided to go for a walk in the woods down to the creek behind our house... and what to behold... the BEAVER dam! I will have to get pictures SOON! This is the most decorated beaver dam you've ever seen - I'm still trying to figure out if he put all the bottles and cans on his house himself - or mother nature :) We only saw him duck in the water twice - he was a good hider! He even had a FRESH branch on his house - with green leaves and all! I wasn't quite sure what all I would do having a BOY -- but just brings me back to my most memorable childhood days of catching tadpoles in our creek... which we did see a few of as well -- maybe we will collect some soon!

5 comments:

Laura said...

How cute! Boys are so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

I can't ever have a boy. Caterpillars are up there with bugs with me. I am scared to death of them. I know it sounds crazy. Rachel you are going to have to put warnings on your pictures for me. :)

Mary Mitchell said...

We are jealous! That looks like so much fun. We need to come visit so Mary can play outside with Benjamin!

Shari Davis said...

Fun Rachel!! Thanks for helping me out today with Lilli! You're the best!!!!! And if you ever need a "break", bring Benjamin over. I know Lilli would love to play!!!

callie said...

he is such a boy...catepillars, lizards...so cute! he is getting so big rachel! isn't is so fun when they really start putting things together and you get to see their little imaginations take off....