Sunday, September 23, 2007

mom's night out...


Well -- after a LONG week -- of Benjamin and I both being sick -- hince the reason for no updates, Jonathan kept Benjamin last night so that I could go to a baby shower. I had a blast seeing friends from work -- I even won one of the games, and I LOVE to win! (especially when the prize is a giftcard to Brooster's!) When I got home, Benjamin was asleep, pj's not snapped but that was okay, nothing else seemed to out of place, except when I went in to hang up his towel. Why is the camera in the bathroom, I thought... well, one thing about digital cameras, they never lie! So I picked it up - and this is what I found! Popsicles in the BATHTUB! What a lucky guy... bubbles and all. Benjamin discovered popsicles while he was sick and he LOVES them. He calls them pop pops. When Jonathan commented this morning about Benjamin's bath - he said, "yeah, it didn't take him as long as normal to eat his popsicle because he kept putting it in the water!" He also said it kept getting bubbles all over it -- Goodness ... what a fun dad. We've switched Benjamin's baths to night-time because it seems he has more fun then -- and we do usually let him have bubbles. He calls them "blubbbles." He's growing so fast ... and learning more and more words! So as usual - whenever mom goes out - Benjamin and Jonathan have ALL the fun - and break ALL the rules ... I guess that's what dads are for anyway though!

2 comments:

Wing and Alli said...

I love that picture!! You can't ask for a better treat - pop pops and a bubble bath . . . I'll have to try that out on the boys some time. I'm just glad you two are feeling better!

Mary Mitchell said...

What better place to eat a popsicle? Easy to clean up when you're already in the tub!